Whether “going green” is baked into your company mission statement or not, sustainability is a buzzword across almost every industry these days. Yes, that includes branded merchandise, promotional products, and apparel. But being sustainable doesn’t have to limit your choices. It just means making better ones. In fact, we’d argue the most sustainable promotional products are the ones you and your clients will use most often!
Here are five tips to begin sourcing the kind of promotional products, branded merchandise and apparel your team and your clients will actually use.
- Start with your team. What kind of products do they use most often, or are more likely to keep rather than use once or throw out.
- Conduct a quick review of your key clients and partners to determine the kind of products they use in their line of work. If you’re not sure, just ask!
- Consider a good-as or better-than-retail promotional product or piece of apparel. They’ll last longer and those on the receiving end will be more likely to use it.
- Look at the label. A Made-in-the-USA promotional product or piece of apparel is sustainable in many ways.
- Ask the pros here at The Dunstan Group for data about the most-used promotional products in your industry, and those that reflect your company’s mission and values.
Bottom line, we all want the promotional products, branded merchandise and apparel we choose to get used often. That’s a good – and sustainable — investment!